Mimir Is Looking For A Lead CS Curriculum Engineer!
Mimir is venture backed startup in Indianapolis, Indiana focused on creating products to better Computer Science. We’re hiring rapidly to help us meet the education needs of instructors and students all over the world. Our primary product, the Mimir Classroom, is deployed in more than 75 universities allowing computer science instructors to teach their courses more effectively!
We don’t need (or want) you to be perfect, but we expect you to work hard, move fast, and constantly iterate until we get it right. If you’re looking to be challenged every day, make a huge impact, and help define a large part of the future of Computer Science, then this job is for you.
- Develop curriculum for new courses and implement them on The Mimir Platform.
- Create assessments, programming projects, instructional videos and lessons.
- Take a data-driven approach to iterate on content across courses.
- Provide support for the Mimir Platform.
What We Are Looking For
- You have a solid foundation in computer science, as demonstrated by traditional degrees, bootcamp certifications, and/or your portfolio of projects.
- An entrepreneur at heart. There’s no blueprint or playbook here. You'll help write them as Mimir grows.
- Be a quick learner. We don't expect you to know every programming syntax or framework, but we do expect you to pick them up quickly.
- Highly collaborative and team oriented. We’re a small but mighty team - we value people that are humble and care a lot about their teammates.
- Highly driven to be successful. You’ll get tons of support, but not a lot of guidance. We need people who will not stop until they figure out how to get the job done.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced and often-changing startup environment.
What Your First Month Will Look Like
- Developing an Intro to Java geared towards programming beginners.
- Develop a long-term plan for Mimir course offerings.
- Help develop tools to deliver content and assessments.
We believe the best work is done when employees feel comfortable and excited about their work environment. We routinely make jokes, talk about stocks, sports, and other hobbies during the work day. We’ve been known to race drones around the office and occasionally it’s essential to determine who is the best Halo player in the room. While we love to mess around here and there, we don’t let it affect our productivity, and every day you work here you will feel closer to the next milestone.
- Competitive Stock Options
- Relocation Available
- In House Preferred, but Remote OK
While we’d love to expand our search to outside the United States, we do not currently have the facilities to help you get a US Visa.